Nothing complicated here, just a few things you should know before you comment on a post:
1. Comments are always welcome and appreciated.
2. What happened to all the comments? I switched comment systems a few times, as well as switched servers, so some of my older posts have missing comments. They’re saved somewhere, but it hasn’t become important enough for me to get them all moved over. Please don’t let lack of comments keep you from sharing if you have something to say on an older post!
3. I LOVE intelligent discussion and dialogue from all points of view, but this isn’t really a forum for debate. There are lots of places you can go if you want to do that, but this page is – and always will be – pro-peaceful parenting, pro-regular length breastfeeding, pro-unschooling, pro-co-sleeping, pro-gentle discipline, pro-respect for others. If that’s not your cup of tea, this probably isn’t the page for you.
4. I reserve the right to delete comments that are rude, attacking, or derogatory in nature. I won’t publish any comments that bully, harass, or threaten any of my readers, or comments that use hate speech in any form. Use profanity if you must, but at least make it a good point. 😉 If too many people aren’t playing nicely, I also reserve the right to turn off the comments on a post altogether.
5. Disagree with something you read? Great! I’d love to talk about it. But if you lead with, “You’re an idiot”, “What a load of crap”, or “What a self-centered and ultimately destructive way to parent”, it’s bound to be a pretty short conversation.
6. Comments that look like spam will be deleted. While relevant links are welcome, comments that contain links not related to the subject at hand will also be deleted.
7. When in doubt, THINK (is it True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, Kind?)
8. I always read and appreciate every single comment on every single post, but depending on time, my kids, and life in general I may not always respond. If you have a specific question/comment that you want to be sure I respond to, your best bet is to send me a message directly.
9. That’s it! Have fun, play nice, and thank you for coming to visit my little corner of the interwebs.